Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A Series of Uneventful Events

Well, I tried writing in present tense for my first entry and only wound up confusing myself, so from now on I think I'll be doing it all in past tense. Today I actually managed to get up when the alarm went off at 7:00, so there was time to check my email and grab a bite to eat, which was a nice change from the day before. I was informed minutes before leaving that it was hat day, so I pulled my brother's plush Viking hat out of the closet, even though it clashed terribly with my T-shirt. LOL! As if it really mattered. :-)

Anyway, as you can tell from the title, not much stood out at me today. We stayed busy, but there wasn't anything that jumped out and made me think, "Oh, I need to remember to write that in my journal!" Though I wish I'd remembered to bring my digital camera, so I could take pictures of the kids in their hats. Oh well, maybe next time.

I also decided today that I'd like to create a survey for the kids to fill out with a bunch of random questions on it. Some would be focused on library-type things, but others would be totally off the wall and some would be fun 'thinking' questions like, "What 3 things would you most want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?" Surveying the kids seems like a great way to get a general feel for the overall culture and should also be a good starting point for deciding what direction I want the actual project to take. Plus, I can try to pick up trends in the answers based on what I already know about the kids. Well, it's a start, anyway. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home